Friday, July 17, 2009

Day 23 Tuesday July 14

Today I attempt to catch up. We all know I'm technologically challenged, so when things don't work right away...

The road to Wall was short. 57 miles. We did have some wind. Not too bad. We road the freeway a bit, 14 miles. The freeway is loud, but it hasn't been too bad. The shoulders have been quite nice.

We all left together. The TriCyclist and Jane, warm the guys up, and get Jane going. The treat today is Wall Drugs. Jane's excited to see a tourist trap. Something different than the box shopping centers and WalMarts we've become acustom to. After a few miles the guys were warm and off. Just Jane and I. Hitting the road. Freeway. Heading to Wall. Not much talking. Except, I did mention the Badlands.

So, we met back up for lunch at Wall Drugs, apparently world famous. It kinda reminded me of Knotts Berry Farm. Western themed shopping. Just not drug store items. For which I had a list: deorderant (I left in the last hotel,) tooth paste, razors (which have been over worked). Picked that up later, at the grocery store before I had laundry duty.

Badlands. The plan was to come in with Jane, then add bonus miles to Badlands. Not even 20miles. The wind was blowing something fierce. I decided to pass. Save myself for the 117 up next. Jane went alone. Jane IS a badass! I was very worried when she left, proud when she came in.

-----
Sent from mBox Mail
Hotmail for iPhone and iPod Touch
http://www.fluentfactory.com/mboxmail

No comments:

Post a Comment